Friday 7 August 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

HERE


I have recently joined a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. For more information please visit 



The word for this week is :


START:

HOW DID I END UP HERE?

No!  not here in this office or here in this city, but here in the journey that I call my life.
As a child, young teenager through to middle age, I have often had to stop in my tracks and reflect.

Sometimes, I did the stopping to reflect by myself and other times it was forced on me by circumstances.  But every time I remember consciously thinking about where I am in my journey on this planet, I have found that I have seldom been exactly where I imagined I would be.

Which always bring me to the question.

HOW DID I END UP HERE?

Thankfully, we serve a God who patiently directs me back to the HERE that He has in mind for me…The HERE Where His will is perfect for me.

He reminds me that He has a plan for me and that it is good.

He reminds me that He designed my life with specific purpose to compliment His Glory.

He reminds me that mistakes can be corrected. I may have to face the consequences of my mistakes, but they can be corrected.

He reminds me that He has equipped me to face every obstacle, every trial, and every test of endurance.

He reminds me that He is behind every blessing, every healing, every heartfelt laugh, and every pleasure.

He reminds me that He has placed specific people strategically into my life to
Bless Me, Assist Me, Challenge Me, Comfort Me, Shape Me, as I am strategically placed into other people’s lives to fulfil roles for them.

He reminds me that he provides for every need in ways and methods I sometimes cannot fathom or imagine and very often take for granted.

He reminds me that he sustains life within me, constantly standing guard over me, waking me up every morning and gently nudging me off in the  mysterious  regions of sound sleep.

He reminds me that I am never ever alone and that He is with me in all things, passes through all valleys with me, climbs every difficult, overwhelming hill , comforts me in every single heart break, and laughs out loud with me when I experience pleasure and joy.

And then I find the answer to my question:

HOW DID I END UP HERE?

I got to this point, to this HERE, by Divine Intervention, by a Living Almighty God, every second of every day, of every year of my life. I may not be precisely in the HERE Father has in mind for me but I am moving towards it because He Lives and is with me.

END:

*Hugs* till next time.

AriƩte


No comments:

Post a Comment