Friday 15 May 2015


Modern Day Samaritan Woman


Step - Mothering, Mother’s Day, “Mothering Do ‘Over’s…”

If you have read some of my other blogs you will know that I am a Step-Mom, and as a Step Mom…I have similar, yet different challenges to overcome.  

Unfortunately, I don’t have a handy “How To” Manual, neither do I have a magical mirror to consult, so I have to “Step – Mother” in the dark and find my way through this very new ground. 


Step Mothering is the easiest and yet the most challenging role I have ever played.

It’s been my experience that Step-Mothering is really very easy, not differing that much from mothering my own children and yet extremely difficult, as there are invisible boundaries, that have been set that I cannot step over or change. Yet, I have possibly the most amazing Step Children ever. I adore them and wish the same for them that I want for my own children. 

They probably have it easier than my own children had, due to the fact that I have now obtained knowledge and wisdom along the way and am obviously in a better position to know what matters most…

So how do I fare, with all this wisdom?

While I want to spend time with them, get to know them and adore them…I walk into the house from work and throw a fit, because there are dishes in my sink, or grass trailing across my living room carpet. Instead of spending time, growing bonds and tightening the heart strings around each child, I worry more about whether a towel has been hung up after use….

What is the matter with me???

Have I not just in the previous blog laid out exactly what matters to me in the end? So why can’t I just skip over the parts that don’t matter and focus on what does matter?

I personally think it’s easier to mentally “Mother” that in actual person. I have no idea if this is true, but it’s the conclusion I have come to after spending some time wondering why I can’t take my own “Good” advice. 



Mentally, I am an amazing Mother…

But Clearly In Practise I Have A Lot To Learn…


*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte


No comments:

Post a Comment