Friday 11 September 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days

Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants

Day 4 – DIALOGUE




With every passing day, I am discovering a new component and delight regarding prayer and communication with God. I don’t know whether the head covering had anything at all to do with my new focus, but I am convinced that I was challenged to wear a head covering and that my obedience in this certainly directed my focus more intently on prayer in general and specifically in facing my giants….

Proverbs 21:23 “He who guards his mouth and his tongue
Guards himself from troubles” AMP

For the past 24 hours I have been very aware of my dialogue and the various manners and tones in which I have prayed…and there have been so many different types of prayers…

I have also become very aware of the power in my mouth and the words that I do proclaim…I love words…and to babble on incessantly is no problem for me…

But, I need to listen to myself more…

Proverbs 18:21”Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words.” AMP

 And I must be fully aware of what I am saying and in particular in my conversations with God…

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips [to keep me from speaking thoughtlessly].AMP (Emphasis my own)

I have thanked God for my babies and rejoiced when they both chose to follow after Jesus, as they grew up…

I have nagged and reminded God of promises made in His Word when my children wondered off and lost their way for a time…

I have yelled at God and been angry at Him, when my marriage of 23 years fell apart…despite years of being the dutiful, submitting wife…

I have begged God to save a loved one from a brain tumour…

I have whined at God for a new mate…someone to call my own and grow old with…

I have shot up the quick “arrow” prayers of Oh Lord!!!  When I have faced crises or seen an accident alongside the road, or found out that my children were being reckless or careless….

And I have bored him to “death” (if that were possible) with constant repetition of the same old, same old, during the mundane ordinary days when my life was stable; and I therefore had no reason to step out the extra mile in prayer…

None of these things surprised God. Thankfully, He could handle my anger, and whining and even the nagging…but I believe He wants more from us. 

As unique individuals, I believe our prayers should be as unique 

as our personalities and appearances… 


Why then do we insist on emulating one another?

Spiritual Lesson :

Place a guard upon my lips and pay better attention to what I am saying, to others, to myself and more importantly to God.

I spend more time speaking about God than to God…It should be the other way around.

Physical Lesson :

Since I have started wearing a head covering in obedience, I have felt feminine, intentional, and truly free.

 Prayer:

Father, thank you that we may approach you and speak directly to You.  What an amazing privilege and yet we take it so for granted. Thank you that we have the ability to speak at all and that we have such an expanded vocabulary to work with and express ourselves. Help us to grow in our prayers and conversations with You…

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!


*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte


No comments:

Post a Comment