Wednesday 30 September 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days
Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants
Day 20 : MONSTROUS BLIND-SIDE / COUNTER-STRIKE





Day 20 was the start of a new week. Having spent my weekend soaking up the word of God and praying in my newly developed strategy for my husband, family, employers and country, I felt quite confident in the future. I still didn’t know what the future held for me, but I felt spiritually secure enough not to fret about that which I had no control over.

That night I arrived home from work, opened my gate only to have my beloved benefactor’s large dog attach my smaller dog. How smart is the enemy? Very smart and very cruel. The enemy will use whatever means he can do bring destruction, heartbreak and even death in order to distract us or bring us fear.

1 Peter 5:8Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour.” (AMP) Emphasis my own

Thank fully, due to obedience and growing stronger in the Lord, I could remember that :

2 Timothy 1:7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].” (AMP) Emphasis my own

We rushed my bellowed teddy to the Vet and found that his leg was broken in such a way that he had to have it amputated. Devastatingly horrible, yet I had prayed for everyone and everything all weekend EXCEPT for my dogs. It had never occurred to me, until now. The enemy had been listening and it had occurred to him, so he used one dog to attack another.
During the whole visit to the vet and afterwards I realised that I was remarkably strong and at peace. This could only be attributed to the Holy Spirit and the foundation we had laid together during the past 19 days of prayer.


Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].
(AMP) Emphasis my own

Spiritual Lesson :

I learnt that the enemy plays dirty and that despite having gained ground in my prayer routine and strategy, I have a lot to learn. In neglecting to cover my dogs in prayer, I had inadvertently placed them at risk. My beloved Teddy did get hurt, but his injury will serve as a reminder that effective prayer warriors are imperative and I intend to become a woman of prayer at all times, in the spirit.

Revelation 5:8
And when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb (Christ), each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of fragrant incense, which are the prayers of the saints (God’s people).” (AMP)
Physical Lesson:

I may be homeless, husbandless, facing financial giants in vets bills and in the care of my mother in the home for Alzheimer’s, but as an obedient prayer warrior, daily strengthening myself in the Lord, I can counter strike and overcome all the giants in my life, by simply submitting to God (wearing my head covering as my symbol – personal preference) and resting in His protection and provision. My Father will block and permit things as He chooses. I need not fret about it.

Prayer:

Abba Father, How refreshing and reassuring it is to be able to rest in Your capable care knowing that no matter what giants come up against us, You are stronger and will restore to us that which the enemy steals from us. Thank You for Your mighty Grace and Mercy, that is available to each one of us.

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!
*Hugs* till next time.


Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment