Wednesday 30 September 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days
Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants
Day 17 - 19 : TIMELESSNESS



These days fell over the weekend and unlike all the previous weekends, I found that all of a sudden I had all the time in the world for my devotions and prayers. I had time to read, soak up and reflect on what I have read and pray.

In the space of one week all of my responsibilities were stripped away. My three (3) bedroomed house, became one (1) room requiring minimal housework.

Less meant more time with God… literally!!!

I do not know what the future holds regarding my marriage; but I do know that I have prayed for my husband since we married and I will continue to do so indefinitely. (During this time, I have learned to prayer effective, purposeful and strategic things into his life …I intend to continue)

Nothing is impossible to God, and I will follow wherever he leads.

I am committed during this time of timelessness, to maturing and growing in the Lord as a Female Prayer Warrior, while remembering my Royal status.

Spiritual Lesson :

From a worldly perspective my life appears to be in disarray and a huge failure. After all, a break down in a marriage can hardly be construed as a good thing. I fully agree. However spiritually I am stronger than ever, and far more equipped to pray for my husband than I was just a week ago. I still have plenty to learn in terms of spiritual warfare; particularly since I understand the implications of being ill prepared; but I believe I can stand in the gap for my loved ones far more effectively.

Ephesians 1:18-19
And [I pray] that the eyes of your heart [the very center and core of your being] may be enlightened [flooded with light by the Holy Spirit], so that you will know and cherish the hope [the divine guarantee, the confident expectation] to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints (God’s people), and [so that you will begin to know] what the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His [active, spiritual] power is in us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength” (AMP)
Physical Lesson:

The head covering has also reminded me that not only am I a female prayer warrior, with Royal status, but I am also a Daughter of the Most High God. As His daughter I have access to Him and I can confide in Him my deepest desires and the longings of my heart. As my Father He will give me those things that will be good for me and deny me those which will not be good for me. I can rest in the knowledge as He has my best will at heart.

Prayer:

Father, Thank You that we can be called Daughters & Sons of the Most High God. What an amazing privilege that we take for granted far too often. Open our eyes to see and understand what it means to be Prayer Warriors, Regal Royal Prince’s and Princess’s in the Kingdom of God, so that we can live our lives in the manners that are fitting to these great callings.

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment