Friday 2 October 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

FAMILY


When time permits I join a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. For more information please visit 

 The word for this week is:



START:

Standing in the gulf between two families…No longer part of the first; (was I ever part or was it an illusion?)

but also not quite (altogether) part of the second…(same illusion or new one?), 

I find myself

feeling ever the Samaritan Woman, always on the fringes… 

waiting … waiting… waiting… waiting … waiting…

Grasping at the short straws offered to me, only to have them rudely snatched away and even if I do manage to grab one…the enemy taunts me with that which I do not have and cruelly flashes hope and maybe’s like miniature flags that crumble to powder, just as I reach out to take one.

I thought I was waiting for a man to sweep me off my feet, to cherish and protect me forever and ever and wrap me up safely into his family;  however this appears to be just another illusion…fading from the screen, fading more and more until only the faintest idea of home and security remain…

BUT IN THE MISTY CLOUDS OF CONFUSION AND HEARTBREAK

 I have since discovered that I have really just been waiting for Jesus to meet me at the well and restore to me that which was stolen from me…

Only He offers real sanctuary and protection from the lion that seeks to destroy me… 

Only He has my back….guarding over me, as the hounds of hell, 

snarl around and snap at my feet.

Jesus cradles my fragile broken heart, 

deep inside His own until my heartbeat matches his …

He catches every tear carefully, as precious gems to store in heavenly jars…

Meanwhile ….

I pray to find the wisdom as taught in Proverbs 24:3

“Through [skillful and godly] wisdom a house [a life, a home, a family] is built, And by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation],” (AMP)

So that I can build myself a new, blended family… of Samaritan Women, and Children… who seek only the bliss of togetherness and a genuine sense of belonging.

Family circles offer sanctuary and caring and everyone matters. 

No one is placed above the other and everyone has to consider the others.

How gloriously beautiful and special!!!

How do we manage to get this so wrong???

So, as I wait for my Saviour to restore my sense of family belonging to me,
I will day dream and pray about the family I wish to be a part of, that we will be bound together with genuine chords of love and care…

May “strength and dignity be my clothing and may my position be strong and secure; And may I smile at the future knowing that my family and I are prepared”. (Adapted from Proverbs 31:5)

END!

*Hugs* till next time.


AriƩte

No comments:

Post a Comment