Thursday 8 October 2015

A Test in Obedience – 31 Days

Head Covering / Prayer Room / Facing Giants
Day 23: WISDOM TO GROW



Anything we do in life requires a certain amount of wisdom, so too when we choose to become effective prayer warriors. Although, prayer is the easiest thing to do, as it is simply speaking to God directly, when we mature in our spiritual walk, we should seek to grow in wisdom in order to glorify God, especially in our prayers, as we approach Him.

Naturally the best place to start obtaining this wisdom is with God Himself.


Proverbs 9:10The [reverent] fear of the Lord [that is, worshiping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome] is the beginning and the preeminent part of wisdom [its starting point and its essence], And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding and spiritual insight.” (AMP)

In order to acquire the wisdom we seek in order to intercede for our loved ones and stand in the gap when required we need a pure form of wisdom, without bias, prejudice or even preference. This is very difficult for us to attain ourselves; but with God’s help it is possible. Since I have started this prayer challenge, I have found myself praying earnestly for some people that I have to admit “I don’t really like” and in some extreme cases would call my enemies. I can hide fact this from others, by avoiding them or discussions about these people, but I can’t hide this from God. Yet, despite this He has gently led me straight into intercession for them.

James 3:17But the wisdom from above is first pure [morally and spiritually undefiled], then peace-loving [courteous, considerate], gentle, reasonable [and willing to listen], full of compassion and good fruits. It is unwavering, without [self-righteous] hypocrisy [and self-serving guile].”( AMP)

I have also realized that in order to press into this goal, I can make as many notes and plans as I like, but unless God is involved in the process, they are just notes…When He is involved there is always revelation and wisdom is accumulated.
Proverbs 19:21Many plans are in a man’s mind,
But it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand (be carried out)


Spiritual Lesson:

I have a pressing desire not only to pray effectively for my loved ones, but to press into this prayer challenge and become a true prayer warrior, as many greats who have gone before. Since the beginning I have experienced a steady growth in wisdom and understanding in my prayer life. Solomon dared to ask God for wisdom and his request was granted, as it pleased God. So to, dare I ask for Godly Wisdom.

Physical Lesson:

My prayer covering is now part of my prayer “kit”, and is stored with my Journals, pens and Bible. I have no idea why it took so long for me to submit to the challenge and why it took so much thought. The resistance alone should have been an indication for me that there is more to the head covering than I realize. I am completely persuaded that as I cover my head, fold my scarves in pretty knots and submit to God, that the seen and unseen worlds, acknowledge that I am in submission to Gods order, as described in scripture.  This alone makes me feel like, a feminine-warrior and royal-daughter to the King of Kings and therefore completely safe in His authority and company.

Prayer:

Father God, thank you for the wisdom that You freely bestow on those who ask. Just as Solomon asked for wisdom in order to rule over Israel justly, so too do we ask for wisdom, in order to take our places and serve in the Kingdom of God effectively and to Your Glory.

In Jesus Name we pray…Amen!!!

*Hugs* till next time.

Ariéte


No comments:

Post a Comment