Thursday 22 October 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

Surviving the Endless Pressure while supporting your loved ones overcome the trials that come


Sometimes life seems to be an endless pressure…pressing, pushing and never letting up. Sometimes I feel like shouting to no one in particular

“ENOUGH ALREADY”.

And I know I’m not the only one…so many others feel the same…

As a human being I have experienced this pressure build up from time to time and have felt as if I would explode if it didn’t let up…

We all know what these pressures are, cars that break down, meaning arranging alternative transport to get to work and back and the added pressure to find the finances (never budgeted for) to have these broken cars repaired. Invariably, the bank will be over drawn during these times, and the alternative transport requires that you have to either get up earlier in the morning or stay later at night, bring with them, their own pressures as your normal routine is disrupted.

If you have children and animals you have to make alternative arrangements for their care because, well… too bad… your normal routine is disrupted.

Not to mention, that just listening to the daily news is enough to add to the pressure. As a South African I am sadly quite used to living on the edge of crises and conflict and as a mother I truly want to be able to spare my grown children the reality of these pressures in their lives; however I simply can’t. I can only support them while they pass through the trial to the other side.

Sometimes I imagine …

“If I was richer…I could….”
“If I was older…I could…”
If I was younger… I could…”
If I was smarter… I could…”
If I was _______ (add your own)… I could “

We look at others and imagine that their lives are easier, but in reality we all face trials and tribulations…

Scripture warns that troubles will come…why do we always imagine it means someone else will face the troubles???

2 Timothy 3:1 & 4 [“Difficult Times Will Come” ] But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]” “and (many) will turn their ears away from the truth and will wander off into myths and man-made fictions [and will accept the unacceptable]. (AMP)

So what is a mother to do??? Scripture again gives us clear guidelines…

2 Timothy 3:5 But as for you, be clear-headed in every situation [stay calm and cool and steady], endure every hardship [without flinching], do the work of an evangelist, fulfill [the duties of] your ministry. (AMP)

How??? By hanging onto our faith and entrusting all our concerns to God… He knows what we are facing, fearing and experiencing …and He promises that if we hand it all over into His care…

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].” (AMP)

The trials we face are not punishment and can’t be avoided by doing well or by living lives as hermits, but good will be the result of our overcoming…Paul said….

James 1:2-4 “[Faith Under Pressure] Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.”(The Message)

My friend, as you and I stand firm in our faith, even if we are standing with tears in our eyes and gritting our teeth…we can agree with the Psalmist that….

Psalm 119:73-80With your very own hands you formed me; now breathe your wisdom over me so I can understand you. When they see me waiting, expecting your Word, those who fear you will take heart and be glad. I can see now, God, that your decisions are right; your testing has taught me what’s true and right. Oh, love me—and right now!—hold me tight! just the way you promised. Now comfort me so I can live, really live; your revelation is the tune I dance to. Let the fast-talking tricksters be exposed as frauds; they tried to sell me a bill of goods, but I kept my mind fixed on your counsel. Let those who fear you turn to me for evidence of your wise guidance. And let me live whole and holy, soul and body, so I can always walk with my head held high.” (The Message)

*Hugs* till next time.


AriƩte

Linking up at :


No comments:

Post a Comment