Friday 16 October 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

GREEN



When time permits I join a group of writers for Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung. Every week we write for five minutes after receiving a one word prompt. No editing or over thinking involved….Just writing for the love of writing. For more information please visit Kate Motaung at Heading Home. 
 The word for this week is:


START:

Pst…….I have a secret…
My Father has given me a dream…
My dream is special and real…

He doesn’t need my help but as all good fathers do…
He has entrusted me with a tiny part of His great work.
Every weekend, I quietly toil alongside Him,
Unseen, unnoticed and private….

Growing my dream,
Under His watchful eye…
I sow tiny seeds of promise,
Gathered from every place I visit,
Soaking these seeds of promise with care and love and patience…
Eliminating all threats to my dream concisely and immediately…
With no mercy…

This dream keeps me sane…
Drives away my heartaches…
And reminds me poignantly of the man I love…
This dream keeps me close to Father….
Without Him I would surely fail….

My dream is green…
Thousands and thousands of green seedlings,
Each one, a tree, with the potential to
Cast long shadows and shade that I may never live to see…
Providing shelter that I may never need,
Reproduce to provide more seedlings,

Stir the beholders eye, to notice the beauty
and majesty of our Father’s real handiwork.
Outliving me, but  leaving a living legacy
of growth to my descendants…

How blessed am I to have been given this dream to nurture….

*Hugs* till next time.

AriƩte



No comments:

Post a Comment