Wednesday 28 October 2015

Modern Day Samaritan Woman

It’s OK to “Just be Ok!!!”

Have you ever wished to be more than “ok”…?

Ok is fine; but it’s just …well… it’s just ok….and it seems a bit run-of-the-mill and blah doesn’t it?

I have recently been reflecting and it appears that I have merely been just ok for most of my life.

Alright… for ALL OF MY life

It’s not what I planned or thought about really. It’s just a fact.

I’ve also realized that I have been so busy trying to be more than ok that I haven’t really been contented and fulfilled with the “ok” that I was.

I have been driven to be smarter…to be prettier…to be more efficient…to do better… always to be more…yet with all that unrelenting persistence,

I have still just been ok…

I have desired to be loved and to love back…like that fairy tale movie princess that everyone desired and wanted to be near…I particularly remember watching Snow White many, many years ago and gee whizz even the birds wanted to be near her…Yes! I am aware that it’s a fairy tale and a cartoon at that yet that knowledge doesn’t prevent me from desiring it.

I have searched for the longest time for the contentment that comes with the assurance of the relentless…and unconditional love and affection… for that someone that is devoted to me completely. Sadly I have never found it…

Perhaps it is more accurate to say that I have never found it in the manner I have wanted to find it.

This has left me analysing myself and concluding…

I am really “just ok”…Nothing special, no one important …

So having concluded that I am just ok…is it ok to be just ok? Can I just lay down the desire to be more or should I press on?

I studied the scriptures to find my answer and the following scriptures have given me permission to be just ok…because in being just ok, I can glorify God in the manner He is supposed to be glorified… Less of me and more of Him…

Ecclesiastes 12: 13 – 14 “When all has been heard, the end of the matter is: fear God [worship Him with awe-filled reverence, knowing that He is almighty God] and keep His commandments, for this applies to every person. 14 For God will bring every act to judgment, every hidden and secret thing, whether it is good or evil. (AMP) Emphasis my own

Micah 6:8He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you Except to be just, and to love [and to diligently practice] kindness (compassion), And to walk humbly with your God [setting aside any overblown sense of importance or self-righteousness]?” (AMP) Emphasis my own

Isaiah 55:8” “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.” (AMP) Emphasis my own

Psalm 94:19
When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your comforts delight me. (AMP) Emphasis my own 

Having come to the conclusion that it’s ok to be just ok…I find that’s it’s a relief…I don’t have to do better…I don’t have to do more, or to be more…

I can be “Just OK” and permit God to reflect His love and His Glory from within me…



*Hugs* till next time.


Ariéte

No comments:

Post a Comment